Wednesday, June 6, 2007

The Devil is in the Details

Spare parts,
And broken hearts,
Keep a dirty world turnin',
Around. And around.
~Bruce Springsteen

Like a child that finally awakens on her birthday and gets to open her totally awesome, super cool toy of which she's been dreaming, presses the button to experience the magic, and . . . there aren't any batteries. Only, the batteries are $30 cheaper online! So the little girl has to wait two more days for the batteries and, subsequently, the toy! Well, you get the picture. Actually I can't get the picture.

My beloved Rebel Xti arrived yesterday (I almost ravaged the UPS man), and after tearing it open with visions of awesome Depth of Field dancing in my head, I found I had failed to read the fine print.

CompactFlash card slot supports CompactFlash Type I/II cards (
media not included).

No memory card. Emphasis mine. Cruel destiny.

: :

On a brighter note, I began the Great Clean Out yesterday, an epic project that began in the attic, and will move to the office soon. After moving a zillion times, we have finally landed somewhere, and little roots have taken. So, since we're going to stay awhile, the goal is to get every room . . . well, like a room and not a hodge podge storage facility. Makes me happy:)

5 comments:

Christina said...

OH NO!!! You must be going crazy!!!

I will learn from you and make sure I order all those accessories beforehand, when I finally buy my DSLR!

allie said...

I hope you get one soon, but you take awesome pictures as it is:)

BTW, I also learned that a 'fast' card is preferable if you want to take full advantage of the 'pictures per sec' on the camera. It wasn't that expensive on amazon, around $40.

m.e. said...

Wah.

Boo hoo.

That calls for a tub of ice cream. I'm eating molten lava mini-cakes right now. Wanna come have some?

Seriously, that stinks! But it will be so worth it when you finally have it...

m.e. said...

Oh, and I wonder what kind of memory card I have. I didn't know that about the fast card. Hmmmm...

Billie said...

The Great Clean Out?
UH Oh....
Please don't cut your bangs!!
:-)