Monday, May 14, 2007

Blogs rule!! (or blog rules . . .)

Well, here is my first actual post. I have thought about this quite a lot over the past busy week. What will my blog be? What is my goal here? I must have a 'blog mission'!! I began to see my life in little categories, some we will share with the entire earth population, some we will not . . . Restraint has never been a strength of mine, but I must exercise that muscle here. If not, I will surely wake up one morning, after having posted something weird, and think "Holy crap!! what was I thinking!! Now the whole earth knows about my . . ." Oops, almost said it already.

So, we will start with day to day. Events. Thoughts. Happenings in my home. Totally boring stuff that must be shared immediately. Like a girls night out.

OK,the first little nugget of excitement is . . . an alligator snapping turtle came into our backyard, tried to take over the place with a rocket launcher, failed ('damn those missing thumbs!'), then retreated into the bushes, still lurking in the bushes as we speak. Pillow talk last night, uttered into the darkness, with my husband actually consisted of sentences such as this, "He had to, like, you know, CROSS STREETS to get here. Why here?? What does it all mean??"

Ah yes, this is but a tantalizing taste of the splendid and deep material that will spring from my blog. Your life will be the better for it.


Also, I think I will do a "best shot Monday." No, this is not referring to the best verbal put down of the week. But the best picture I took for the week. I am stumbling into the vast and addictive world of photography, which means I take gazillions of pictures of my children each day while they beg me to please feed them, already. The turtle with the rocket launcher pic wins for this week.


Also, in a twist of cruel and almost unbearable fate, the universe gave the two most lovely, interesting, bright, deep, imaginative, empathic, sweet, gifted children to the likes of my husband and I. Great for us, so sad for them. But, my oldest comes up with little gems each week, which will, of course, also be posted. The little person gem of the week is this, spoken as we spooned into a nap today.

"Mommy, will you save a house in your neighborhood for me when I grow up?"

My sweet girl. I will save you the universe.

2 comments:

m.e. said...

Another great entry, Allie. I think I would have a heart attack if I found a snapping turtle in my backyard. Seriously. I hope you'll consider posting your best shot Mondays at Picture This (http://picturethis.clubmom.com/) once you're ready to share your blog with a few more peeps. It's been such a great place for me to learn about photography and get to know some other great photographer moms ;-) And Tracey, the moderator, is WONDERFUL in every way. See you next meeting. Can't wait!

Anonymous said...

compared prim stimulants genes ukpurpose palm fluency remittance bears gang wilsons
lolikneri havaqatsu