Monday, May 21, 2007

BSM -- on Tuesday

Technical difficulties, remedied by my re-booting the whole house, kept my bsm from being posted on it's namesake.
Oh! Cruel fate for the two people who read my blog!

OK, here it is.












Now. You may be looking at this picture thinking, "Pretty cool." Nothing that's going to change the world of photography, but interesting all the same. I, however,
look and get stomach butterflies. Why, you ask? Because every time I have taken a picture that contained an interesting feature, like a blur, it was completely by accident. Kind of like when my kids do something impressive, or a giant flowering bush grows in our front yard. These are things that occur near me, so I get the credit, but actually had nothing to do with. In this particular picture, I meant to do this. Pretty cool, huh?

The rest of my excruciating interesting life will have to be documented next week as we have out of town company, my mom-in-law, who is currently with my oldest at the library. Also pretty cool.

3 comments:

m.e. said...

VERY cool shot, Allie, and, I agree, it is ultra-satisfying when you achieve something that you have tried for deliberately. Congrats!! Hope to see you tomorrow.

Billie said...

Very cool. How did you do that? I hope my sweet little banana is having a great time on her special day.
Love you....

allie said...

Shutter speed! It's the fun feature on a point n shoot. I slowed it down to around 1/15, then terrorozed the family with photo instructions like, "bigger arm circles!!"