Monday, May 28, 2007

BSM

Best Shot Monday sprang from recreating a typical scene from our day, dog devouring food from the floor. It was a fun pic to take, but my dog, Daisy, loved it most as evidenced by her gaze of passionate devotion when she was finished with the cupcake. Tracy, I think I saw the grace of the universe in her little loving doggie eyes :)













Check out more bsm's at Picture This. Theme Grace. Very fun.


: :

The rest of our week was consumed by bee's birthday -- the big 2! Here we are blowing out the candles on her beloved Elmo cake.












The highlight of the party was a rousing "Happy Birthday" sung by sixteen family members and eight close friends. I honestly had an out-of-body experience soaking up the love fest during the song, the good stuff of life.


Sadly, not captured on film, was my husband, in a mannish attempt to please the kiddies, standing over them and violently shaking the Sesame Street pinata, thereby sandblasting their little heads with Dum Dums and Smarties. He was making some triumphant animal noise while the children held their heads, cried, and stood frozen in their dilemma between death-by-candy-pelting, or 'eat sugar now'. We try. to be. good parents. Really.


Grandma came to visit, too. She stayed over a week, surely rethinking that itinerary halfway through as my five-year-old became her little question asking barnacle. She actually sat two feet outside Grandma's door in the mornings, criss-cross-applesauce style, and waited for her to come out. Turbo bonding, take-no-prisoners style for which only little girls have the stamina.

Evenings were spent in pleasant conversation. One of which began when Grandma noticed Daisy dog laying underneath the coffee table and reminisced fondly about herself doing the same thing when my husband and his brother were young toddlers (she had
four total). She said she did this so they could play near her, but couldn't hurt her because the table protected her from their . . . body slams. Ahhhh, motherhood. Sentimental memories of hiding under the furniture from your children.

Here's us on a beautiful day at the beach. We had a blast.




Well, company is gone, birthdays are celebrated, and my ass in gigantic as a result. So, back to the routine for us.

5 comments:

Stacy said...

Very fun picture of your pup! I remember the days when we had a dog and they thought they were in heaven devouring something like that. :)

helloalissah said...

I love that picture of the dog eating the cupcake! I particularly like the really tight crop that makes it more interesting and creative than a regular snapshot.

http://iwish.typepad.com/
(The blog you'll see via my name link is not my real blog but yours doesn't allow anonymous comments that would direct you to the real deal)

tracey clark said...

Love the dog and cupcake. Hee hee.
: ) Tracey @ Picture This

m.e. said...

What a COOL birthday party ;-) Did you make the cake???

allie said...

Oh my, no! Not my thing. I have a friend who took the cake decorating class at Michael's. She does GREAT stuff, and is VERY reasonable. She's in MOW, too. I can give you her number if you like.