Thursday, May 31, 2007

Megapixel Madness

How to make a plain, even bad, picture yummy? Extreme makeover with a few clicks? Photoshop! I have to admit, I was not into messin' with my pics. I found it boring and slow as I have an attention span below that of my toddler. BUT, I am taking a fun little class and she showed us a few things. Still learning (oh, how I'm still learning), but here are a few pics with their nips and tucks. (Don't you wish they had Photoshop for people?!?! I would definitely buy the upgrade.)

Digging in Mommy's drawer. Isn't she sweet?



Bee at the pond. This one is a little bright (is it 'blown out'?). Still liked it.



Annoyed at mommy, but smiling anyway.



Can you canoe?



: :

Also, I have forgotten my promise of 'little person gem of the week'. I'm sure you have been unable to function wondering what my children have said this week. Well, despair no more. Here are a couple off the top of my tired head (Bee woke up at 5:30am . . . hello! Summer vacation! Get with the program, girl!)

Little person gem of the week is a tie.
  • Bee (the toddler), after eating half of her steak one evening, pointed to it and said, "Eww . . . poop." Toddler observation. Said without malice. Made me giggle. She was excused from the table.
  • Watching Planet Earth with my mom-in-law one afternoon, my oldest sitting at the computer, they introduced some donkey looking creatures, but we could not understand what Sigorney Weaver was calling them. Having Tivo, we hit rewind about ten times.
Sigorney, "Wild _ _ _ _ _"
Me, "Wild what!?"
Sigorney,
"Wild _ _ _ _ _"
Me, "Wild what!?"
Sigorney, "Wild _ _ _ _ _"
Me, "Wild what!?"
Sigorney,
"Wild _ _ _ _ _"
Me, "Wild what!?"

5-year-old, "WILD ASS!!!"

She was so proud to have helped out the grown ups. I excused myself, and laughed until I cried.

4 comments:

m.e. said...

Oh, Allie, this is just the funniest!!! Wild ass. Haaaaaaaaa!!! Am laughing out loud. And, babe, the photos are fantastico. I especially love the black and white and the sunglasses. You're gettin' good, my friend. And, yes, Photoshop for people (PfP) would be divine. Am now trying to think how I would edit me. I'll get back to you on that...

allie said...

Oh, you are too kind. The truth is I see glaring flaws in the photos, but will drown in negativity unless I post some and say something nice about them. The ugly underbelly revealed in the comments section:)

We are on summer break, so I am basically sitting at the computer, doing some dishes, sitting at the computer, helping the kids, sitting at the computer -- hee!

m.e. said...

I'm jealous!! Eli is still a little too high maintenace for me to sit at the computer. If I try to sit, he wants up on my lap to rip keys off. My laptop is on my kitchen counter, and I lean into for five-minute increments between dishes and other duties. So, yes, basically we are doing the same thing, I am just leaning. No wonder my back hurts. Seriously, the photos look good!!! ;-) It's so hard to banish the inner critic, I know.

Billie said...

I can just see the butterfly dryly saying ASS!! Cracked me up!

I am particularly enjoying your black and white photos. They seem to capture the emotions of the moment. I can't wait to see what you can do with your new camera.

BTW...does Bruce know about Barack??